Monday, January 5, 2009

Feliz Año Nuevo!

Happy New Year Friends!

I just got back to the states from Mexico. We had a great time, we were able to build a classroom building, re-roof 2 buildings, fix some plumbing in the kids bathroom, and a few odd jobs here and there. We were also able to visit some good friends we've made over the years and spend some time with them and catch up.

New Years was great. I spent it by myself on the beach overlooking Ensenada playing my harmonica and watching the fireworks over the city. How romantic.

Sooooo I just found out that I will be meeting up with a boat in Phuket, Thailand. From there we will sail to India, Oman, Yemen, Sudan, Egypt and then possibly Cyrpus and on to Turkey. We'll see where I go from there!

I'm currently in San Francisco to get my Indian Visa, then I'm off to Phuket on Thursday!

SR011349

(This was the beach I was camping at for the week)

5 comments:

  1. ¡Felicidades chico! So awesome that you are doing this. If I can't renew my contract this spring I may be joining you out on the high seas.

    Oh, and Feliz Ano Nuevo = Happy New Anus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Willy! This is Andrea which is not so obvious from my name or photo, so i thought i'd let you know i'm someone you know, and not just some random! anyway, like everyone's been saying, I think it's just amazing that you're doing this. It takes tremendous guts to lose your marbles, especially to tell everyone and go do something totally different. I'm going through a similar transition myself right now, so I really feel you here! So, yeah, I've got you added to Google reader, so i'll be following along, and Mom says to email her your blog at khk54@msn.com, if you haven't already.

    Love,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Willy-I think you're amazing. Mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Willy--
    Thanks again for all your help down in Mexico. I'm going to figure out a way to join you for a week or two if I can and if you don't mind.
    Fair winds,
    baba

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whenever you feel lost, the opties will show you the way

    ReplyDelete